Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
This Steak Sauce Butter paired with our Cabernet Sauvignon is a complete flavor explosion on the palate. The sauce helps to draw some of the earth tones from the wine, while its subtle sweetness raises up the dark red fruit. The onion in the roll rounds it out by enhancing the herbaceous notes in the Cabernet.
“The Umami component of the sauce punches up the dark red fruit in our Cabernet Sauvignon.” – Linda Trotta
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: If you can’t track down an onion roll, try an onion hamburger bun instead — just be sure to toast it.
- 4oz sweet butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Onion bread, toasted
- Place sweet butter, steak sauce, and black pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Spread butter on the toasted onion bread (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Cabernet Sauvignon