Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
This Smoked Salmon Butter melds perfectly with our Chardonnay creating a wonderful brunch, or breakfast for dinner, pairing.
“The toastiness of the oak in the Chardonnay really complements the salmon, and the salmon helps push up the fruit, the pear and the apple.” – Linda Trotta
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: Indulge in “breakfast for dinner” by whipping up an omelette cooked in the smoked salmon butter. You won’t regret it.
- 4oz sweet butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon lox
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- Toasted brioche
- Place sweet butter and smoked salmon, white pepper, and dried chives in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Spread butter on the toasted brioche (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Chardonnay