Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
This Sage Butter is reminiscent of roasted Thanksgiving turkey, but the bird certainly won’t be missed when with our Chardonnay.
“The sage brings out the herbaceous flavors in your Chardonnay.” – Chef Sheana Davis
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: Toasting the Hawaiian roll helps accentuate the sage and bring out the herbaceous notes in the Chardonnay.
- 4oz sweet butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Toasted Hawaiian roll
- Place sweet butter, sage, white pepper, and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Spread butter on the toasted Hawaiian roll (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Chardonnay