Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
A classic “like with like” pairing, this dried cherry butter complemented by an herbaceous hint of olive oil perfect accentuates the red and black fruits in all of our Napa Valley Cabernets.
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: Dried fruit can be a bit fussy in the food processor, but just keep whizzing and they’ll eventually break down.
- 4oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Napa Valley Olive Oil (or any high quality olive oil you have on hand)
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries, chopped fine
- Lightly toasted walnut bread
- Place sweet butter and olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add dried cherries and blend until incorporated
- Spread butter on a slice of lightly toasted walnut bread (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with our Bread & Butter Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, or any of our Cabernets