Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
This Chocolate Butter is the ultimate indulgence when enjoyed with our Cabernet Sauvignon (or Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon which is coming soon). The cinnamon bread has very little sugar so it doesn’t take away from the sweet oak notes in the Cabernet and allows the chocolate to bring out the savory and dark fruit notes in the wine.
“It’s dangerously delicious.” – Chef Sheana Davis
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: Adjust the chocolate depending on how chocolatey you want the butter to be. Start with the smaller amount and add more to taste.
- 4oz sweet butter, room temperature
- 2-3 oz Chocolate Syrup
- Cinnamon bread or wheat barley roll
- Place sweet butter and chocolate syrup in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Spread butter on the toasted cinnamon bread (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Cabernet Sauvignon