Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
A burst of umami, this Wild Mushroom Butter effortlessly pairs with our Napa Valley Pinot Noir, and honestly, any of our Napa Valley reds. Wild mushroom powders can typically be found in specialty stores — look for options with a blend of porcini, shiitake, chanterelles, and/or morels.
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: Try adding your own mix of cooled and diced sautéed wild mushrooms for an extra oomph of umami flavor.
- 4oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Napa Valley Olive Oil (or any high quality olive oil you have on hand)
- 1/16 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon wild mushroom blend
- Lightly toasted baguette, sliced
- Place sweet butter, olive oil, and salt, in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add in wild mushroom blend and blend until smooth
- Spread butter on a slice of lightly toasted baguette (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Napa Valley Pinot Noir, or any of our Napa Valley reds