Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
This Tarragon Butter framed with just a bit of heat from chili flakes creates a wonderful match to our Napa Valley Chardonnay as it enhances to baked apples and sweet citrus notes while the heat playfully balances the silky mouthfeel and acidity.
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: Don’t have dried tarragon? Sub in 1-2 teaspoons of fresh chopped tarragon.
- 4oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/16 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon chili flakes
- Lightly toasted baguette sliced
- Place sweet butter, salt, and white pepper, in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add tarragon and chili flakes and pulse until blended
- Spread butter on a slice of lightly toasted baguette (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Napa Valley Chardonnay