Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
This Pumpkin Spice Butter is a wonderful fall and winter pairing with our Merlot. Being true to the season, the warm spice blend helps to accentuate the herbaceous and peppery notes in the wine while still framing the rich, decadent fruit.
“The pumpkin spice picks up on the peppercorn in the Merlot, but it also brings up a really nice warm spice.” – Linda Trotta
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: A lightly toasted bread helps accentuate the toasty characteristics in the wine, and it melts the butter.
- 4oz sweet butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Whole wheat bread, toasted
- Place sweet butter, pumpkin spice, and brown sugar in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Spread butter on the toasted whole wheat bread (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Merlot