Garlic butter is one of the most, if not the most, classic compound butter recipes. Versatile, savory, and delicious, it’s perfect year-round and as an accent to a variety of dishes, including bread of course. This garlic butter uses jarred garlic purée which is easily found in stores, however, you are welcome to grate your own fresh garlic (or purée your own in a food processor or blender), though you may need to adjust the amount to your taste.
Lather this spread on toasted brioche, or on a split sour batard that you toast in the oven to make garlic bread. Try it with risotto, rice, pasta, grilled chicken, or sautéed with fresh zucchini. It even works well in an egg scramble or omelet. The opportunities are endless!
Try it alongside our California Red Blend for a smooth, yet bold pairing.
- 4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp garlic purée
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Optional: 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Place unsalted butter, garlic purée, salt, pepper, and chili flake (if using) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread butter on the toasted brioche.
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Red Blend.