Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
“The butter deepens the cherry notes in our Merlot and makes it really pop; a fun like with like pairing.” – Linda Trotta
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: Pairing “like with like,” or flavors of food similar to the notes in a wine, will vibrantly enhance and accentuate those core flavors in both the food and the wine.
- 4oz sweet butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cherry jam
- Sweet baguette to pair with the Merlot or Rosé
- Walnut bread to pair with the Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wheat bread to pair with the Pinot Noir
- Place sweet butter and dried cherries in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Spread butter on the bread of your choice (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, or Rosé