Butter Recipes | 4.15.2022
Bread & Butter Winemaker Linda Trotta collaborated with her friend Sheana Davis, Buttermonger and Chef at Epicurean Connection, to develop a variety of deliciously simple recipes to pair with our wines. These recipes were thoughtfully crafted with flavors and elements that complement a specific Bread & Butter wine, allowing you to enjoy the wines you know and love in an enhanced yet uncomplicated way.
This Asiago Butter takes a classic Italian cheese known for its nutty and sweet flavors and pairs with our DOC Italian Prosecco.
“The salt in the cheese and that flavor of the cheese really helps enhance the fruit flavors in the wine.“– Linda Trotta
Yields 1/2 cup. Store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks.
Tip: While you can use grated Asiago, Chef Sheana Davis finds that a finely crumbled cheese creates a lovely texture in the butter. To create the crumble, simply break up the Asiago into smaller chunks and run in the food processor before adding the butter.
- 4oz sweet butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated or crumbled Asiago
- French bread, sliced
- Place sweet butter and Asiago in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Spread butter on a slice of French bread (however much you wish!)
- Enjoy with a glass of Bread & Butter Proscecco